i’m busy enjoying my best friend and her family being in town, so in lieu of my usual project life spread post, there’s this 🙂
it’s been over five months since i first wrote about my 2014 project life approach, and i thought it might be a good idea to go over a few things since i did in fact make some changes with putting together my albums this year.
- to round or not to round. going into 2014 i had it in my head that i needed to either round all of my corners or none at all. turns out i don’t really mind if the edges aren’t all uniform! i was also convinced that i would do more journalling on the computer before printing (not the case, it appears) and that i would use a weekly review card each week (definitely didn’t do that).
- dividers. i didn’t like the way the midnight edition dividers looked in my album. i found the colors and designs too distracting, so i changed them to the clear dividers.
- title cards. i had thought that i would keep all of my title cards uniform. throughout my spreads this year i’ve been experimenting, trying to find a look that i like. for a while, a photo of me out on my street was doing the trick, but when i (temporarily) gave up weekly spreads, that fell to the wayside. what i believe i’ve decided on now, is to include a photo of myself in the title card slot and leave it at that.
- album labels. for the binder labels, i used ones that i designed that are offered as a freebie!
- page designs. going into 2014, i also thought that i would use only design a pages. what i definitely learned is that i like to switch it up. i get bored using the same style of page over and over. this year, i’ve found that some of my favorite spreads mix and match different pages.
lastly, i knew that i would be using more digital elements, and becoming part of the digital design essentials creative team cemented this. i’m still a huge, huge fan of paislee press and this spread using liz’s products is one of my all-time favorites.
really, the point of all this is that you can have a plan and think you’re going to stick to it, but you never know what kind of inspiration will hit, and how it will drive you. i say: embrace it and have fun, because that’s what this is all about, no?
what have you done differently this year than planned?