My Whole30 adventure begins.

Posted: January 7, 2015 by Rachel

I’m doing something for me, something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but haven’t had the gumption to actually try. I’m doing a Whole 30, as of yesterday.
Anytime I mention this to people, I get the same response: “You don’t need to lose weight!” Well, no, I don’t. I’m actually at my ideal weight right now. For me, taking on Whole 30 isn’t about weight loss. More than anything, it’s about curiosity. I want to know if what they’re all saying is true: that I’ll have more energy (helloooooo, I’m tired ALL.THE.TIME), that I will experience less digestive issues, that my skin will look and feel better… that I will feel better all around.
I’m not going to go into plan specifics right now, I simply wanted to let you all know what I’m up to. Why? If I voice my plans out loud, then I’m more accountable. Peer pressure man, in this case, it can be useful.
Off to the races, friends!

9 Comments

• fastlifeslowlife.com January 7, 2015 at 2:01 am

This is so fun to read. I follow your blog for the excellent project life inspiration, but I happen to be a nutritional therapist and I love the Whole30 (started my 5th one yesterday). It's always fun when worlds collide. I have tons of menu plans and tips for doing the Whole30 on my blog, if you're interested. Good luck, I'm looking forward to updates!

• fastlifeslowlife.com January 7, 2015 at 2:01 am

• Kelsey January 7, 2015 at 1:37 pm

While I don't entirely agree with this program (or other ones like it, like the Whole Life Challenge) AT ALL, I do love that you're doing something for yourself that you're passionate about and that excites you. I know how much you've been searching for that boost (aren't we all?), and I think that this is a great step toward achieving what you're after this year.

Just…be smart and safe with this.

• Kelsey January 7, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Just…be smart and safe with this.

• seemownay January 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Good luck with your project! (Don't know what it is exactly, off to find out.) Hope you enjoy doing something for yourself and the effects you expect work out!

• seemownay January 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm

• Stephanie January 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I did a Whole30 in October, and though it was tough, I love everything it taught me.
    I'm excited to hear your story 🙂 Good luck! And keep at it, even when it gets tough. It's totally worth it.

• Stephanie January 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm

• CATHERINE January 9, 2015 at 3:03 am

Happy new year, Rachel! I don't know anything about this, but my friend Ruthy and her husband just finished it. She blogged about it over at http://www.discoverystreet.com and she had a post in particular I thought was interesting about the staples she had at home during the challenge. Might be helpful… xoxo | http://discoverystreet.net/2014/12/whole30-staples.html