3. 30 Life things I Try and Remember – I only recently discovered Emma Gannon, and my goodness, I didn’t know what I was missing. From “A good song in the morning can change your day” to “Don’t listen to everything your idol has to say” I found myself nodding along to everything on her list.
4. Why we all need a platonic soulmate – “It’s easy to get caught up in the fantasy of finding The One, and it’s even easier to get caught up in the reality of our culture’s obsession with coupling up. But it’s important to remember that it is completely okay to focus on your friends as the great loves of your life if that’s what makes you happy.” Need I really say more?
5. Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar, by Cheryl Strayed – If I owned the copy that I read instead of borrowing it from the library it would have been covered in underlines and highlighter marks. I was so blown away by her advice, but also by how she so thoroughly injected stories of her past into her responses.
6. Other women aren’t the competition – “Her success is not your failure, her destination isn’t your own,” Megs writes (and women around the world break into applause). I was so moved by this post, had so many moments where I nodded along and thought: yes, she is right.
7. The only thing you need to be happy is this – Must. keep. this. in. mind (and save myself a loooottttttt of trouble)
8. Practical advice when kids have too much stuff – Stop buying it. Lead by example. Say “just one.” All so great, all so true. A good read for all the parents out there.
9. 20 Little things I’ve learned life is too short for – “Worrying about those five pounds. Nobody but you knows they exist.” AMEN. Just… AMEN.