This is: September (a video)

Posted: September 4, 2015 by Rachel

You can always count on me to take a photograph. I’ll take thirty if you let me.

But lately, I have felt a tugging at my bones to try something new, and to open myself up in a different way. This is: my attempt at a beginning. This is: September.

18 Comments

• Carrie Sunday September 4, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Love that. Such a good idea tp capture your day in something fluid instead of only stills. I have so many videos on my phone that need to be streamed together, but it seems daunting.

• Carrie Sunday September 4, 2015 at 1:10 pm

• rachel September 4, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I'm officially hooked. I will definitely be making more videos like this.

• rachel September 4, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I'm officially hooked. I will definitely be making more videos like this.

• Keara September 4, 2015 at 6:25 pm

This is amazing!!! Love the black and white and the different perspectives. Can't wait to see your next one !

• Keara September 4, 2015 at 6:25 pm

• Dawn September 5, 2015 at 2:56 am

This was beautiful. Loved the black and white, the different speeds, focusing on the sweet moments and faces. The song was perfect and I loved how you ended it.

• Dawn September 5, 2015 at 2:56 am

• Ellie Gifford September 7, 2015 at 5:04 pm

i saw Kristen Hedges post a video a few weeks back and fell in love with the idea. Now I've seen yours and I'm convinced I need to make one on a fall day before the light changes [you now how cold the light is in Winter in Ontario]..thank you for constantly being an inspiration <3

• Ellie Gifford September 7, 2015 at 5:04 pm

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Absolutely I remember those Canadian winters! I definitely want to do one of these videos every so often. Maybe with the changing of the seasons. I will definitely do another one of us all outside once the weather cools off here in Vegas.

Thank you as always for commenting!

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Thank you as always for commenting!

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Thank you so so much Dawn!

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Thank you so so much Dawn!

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I'm ready to make a bunch more 🙂

• rachel September 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I'm ready to make a bunch more 🙂

• Fiona October 7, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Beautiful video! I remember when my littles were around that age, carrying a car in each hand, and walking on tiptoes. Watching this video brought it all back. What a lovely morning you captured, and thanks for the reminder at how powerful video can be as a memory keeping tool.

• Fiona October 7, 2015 at 1:09 pm