Phew, it really feels like I’ve read some great books so far this year. Despite going through a (pretty) consistent reading slump, I somehow managed to get through five books last month.
What I read in March 2018:
- SLOW MOTION // In my mind, Dani Shapiro can do no wrong. I just adore her writing style. Pick this one up if you’re into about addiction/depression.
- THE GREAT ALONE (BOTM) // This book was so, so good and left me with the biggest hangover. Take my word for it—pick it up.
- THE ANIMAL UNDER THE FUR // I really thought I was going to like this one a lot more than I actually did. I was a big fan of E.J. Mellow after reading her Dreamland series, but this one just fell a little flat for me.
- BLACK & WHITE // another Dani Shapiro book; but this time, fiction. It’s funny to me to read some of the reviews for this book. I thought this book was absolutely incredible, but to hear that some people didn’t finish it, they thought it was just awful…. there is such a disconnect. All I can say is that this book was truly incredible.
- SWEETBITTER // I first read this book in Dec 2016, and ultimately wasn’t a big fan. I decided to read it again, and I can’t quite believe that I had overlooked it the first time around. An incredibly undeniably intriguing cast, delectable insight, drama, drugs, romance… what else could you want in a book?