Well, it’s June, and I don’t know about you, but I always think of June 1st as the start of summer, June 21st be darned. I always read a lot more during the summer months. Whether it’s the warmer weather, the longer days, the sangria—I devour books this time of the year. I’ve been taking a bit of a break from writing, which is why I’ve been reading more than normal. However, my writing break is coming to an end soon and I have to be A LOT more picky about what I spend my free time reading.
As a little reminder to myself, and to hopefully introduce you all to some new books, I’ve compiled a list of six new books I’m dying to read this summer.
- FLORIDA BY LAUREN GROFF—a collection of stories by the author of Fate & Furies
- TELL ME LIES BY CAROLA LOVERING—a sexy coming-of-age story exploring toxic love, ruthless ambition, and shocking betrayal
- PROVIDENCE BY CAROLINE KEPNES—a new thriller about the obsessive nature of love from the author of YOU (an all-time favorite of mine)
- VOX BY CHRISTINA DALCHER—Set in an America where half the population has been silenced, VOX is the harrowing, unforgettable story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter.
- THE ASSISTANTS BY CAMILLE PERRI—a young Manhattanite’s embezzlement scam turns her into an unlikely advocate for the leagues of overeducated and underpaid assistants across the city.
- YOU THINK IT, I’LL SAY IT BY CURTIS SITTENFELD—A suburban mother of two fantasizes about the downfall of an old friend whose wholesome lifestyle empire may or may not be built on a lie.
Expect to see these books pop up on my instagram over the next few months!
I’ve love to hear the books that you’re the most excited about, or if you’ve been lucky enough to read early copies of any of these six books, let me know what you thought.